Friday, January 14, 2011

Surgery Explained

I'm now 3 weeks post-op and feeling better. Okay, since nobody reads this blog I can safely speak my mind about the surgery I had.

First of all, let me tell any passer's-by that vasectomies are completely overrated. Did you know that roughly 15% will develop what's called Post Vasectomy Pain syndrome? Yes, that has the word "pain and syndrome" in it together. A very ugly combination. Another description is Epididymitis. That's the inflammation of the epididymous which is the holding chamber for those millions of little guys. Look this up on the net and you'll get an idea of what someone deals with who has this condition.
Well, guess what? That's exactly what I was dealing with. I've had it now for 6 years and let me tell you, it is a major pain in the...   well, you know. Thanks to God I didn't have typical PVP which is constant never ending pain, but rather I had atypical PVP every six months or so. Anyway, I had my vasectomy reversed prior to Christmas, hoping that God would use that surgery to relieve my pain and symptoms. So far, so good. But please, if anyone you know is considering a vasectomy, don't do it. It's just not worth the risk.

There, I've spoken my mind on the issue and I feel liberated. Lord willing, I will be symptom free for the rest of my life. According to the scientific literature, a reversal only has about a 65% success rate, so I'm hoping the good Lord above will help me out. In fact, if this works at all, it will be because of Him - and that's all there is to that.

There, now the whole world knows.

No comments: